-These positions have been filled for the summer of 2017 –
Neighbourhood Watch Brampton (NWB) is hiring three (3) Community Safety Interns for Summer 2017.
NWB is a program of Brampton Focus Community Media and was officially launched on March 22, 2017. The goal of NWB is to make Brampton the safest city in Canada by encouraging and facilitating neighbours to participate in crime prevention awareness and reporting. We work closely with community partners to help neighbourhoods organize into “Watch Groups” that are engaged in crime prevention.
The Community Safety Internship entails:
- Assisting in the successful start-up of Watch Groups across Brampton
- Participate in organizing and running Watch Group Kick-Off meetings and Summer Night Out events
- Responding to residents interested in joining the program
- Analyzing and preparing crime related data
- Participating in the promotion of NWB via social media, videos, and blog articles
- Meeting and training Watch Captains
- Assisting in community canvassing
- Participating in sponsorship and fundraising projects and activities
You will work as a team under the direction of a Community Safety Program Manager and the guidance of the Program Manager (Fazal Khan).
Successful applications must meet the following requirements:
- Graduating Grade 11 or 12 and returning to full-time school in September 2017.
- Demonstrate good computer and data analysis skills.
- Be excellent verbal and written communicators.
- Be willing to work on a flexible time schedule, including some evenings and weekends.
- Responsible, organized and willing to work as a team, and independently.
- Self-starters, willing to innovate and challenge the status-quo.
- Willing to listen, learn, take suggestions.
At the end of the internship, students will have gained a wide variety of valuable skills in community organizing, event management, data analysis and communication.
We encourage working from home for specific tasks on your own computer and Internet connection.
The position is for a maximum of 9 weeks, 30 hours per week at $11.50/hour.
To apply, please send a brief 1 page resume to Fazal Khan (firstname.lastname@example.org) with a summary of your academic education, volunteer work, awards and recognition, sports and clubs involved with, any previous work experience, and contact info for a reference (preferably a teacher).